RESUMÉWhat I've been up to in my professional life
SecurityScorecardJan 2019 - Present • 1 yr 10 mos New York, U.S.
Sr. Software Engineer (FULL-STACK)Jan 2019 - Jul 2019 • 6 mos Prague, CZ
- Managing the Prague front-end team of 8 engineers.
- Tech Lead for two squads which are mainly front-end focused.
- Participating in architectural decisions around the front-end and APIs.
- Helping Product Management with finding solutions for new features, identifying dependencies across the company, estimating development time.
- Certified as SAFe 4 Practitioner
- Optimizing processes so that developers can code instead of spending hours on meetings.
- Improving the deployment processes (aiming at continuous delivery).
- Developed new fatures and maintained (someone has to squash those bugs right?) the SecurityScorecard platform.
- Developed and maintained APIs for the in house SPA and public APIs. (NodeJS)
- Implemented automatic API testing using Dredd testing framework, which runs against Swagger (OpenAPI).
- Migrated the platform to use latest React to enable use of new features such as Hooks and to get rid of technical debt.
- Contributing to the main codebase using React, Redux, Functional Programming.
- Worked on front-end of two main components of the GoodData SPA platform for big data analytics. Both solutions are written in React with Redux state management. We've rewritten the codebase to TypeScript.
- Worked on creating an open source React.js SDK to help developers integrate GoodData analytics into their own solutions. Written in TypeScript. You can have a look at the source code of GoodData.UI framework.
- Worked on delivering a documentation for the GoodDataUI SDK using Docusaurus. Have a look at the GoodDataUI documentation, or read through the source code.
- Worked on implementation of component and end-to-end testing for the UI applications using TestCafe
- Helped with creating a Grunt TestCafe runner.
CZECH NEWS CENTER a.s.Sep 2014 - Aug 2016 • 1 yr 11 mos Prague, CZ
Front-end DeveloperSep 2014 - Dec 2015 • 1 yr 3 mos Prague, CZ
- Leading the team of front-end developers.
- Worked on planning, estimating and architectural decisions around new front-end features.
- Optimized processes on front-end development teams.
- Participated daily in code reviews for the team.
- Developed a design system of reusable components to speed up development and introduce consistency into the codebase (both programmatically and visually), cooperating with the UX team.
- Helped with integrating Agile processes.
- Continued contributing to the Superlife codebase and worked on improving performance of the web application.
- Worked on developing front-end for largest media house websites in the Czech Republic. Example websites include Blesk.cz, isport.cz, Reflex.cz, Auto.cz, E15.cz, recepty.cz, zive.cz, and others.
- Worked as a lead developer on a greenfield web application Superlife (now called isportlife). The app was written in AngularJS, styled using Sass.
Independent ContractorJan 2012 - Oct 2014 • 2 yrs 9 mos Prague, CZ
- Worked as a freelance developer building websites
- Built websites based on Wordpress CMS, both creating custom built templates and modifying existing ones to customers needs.
- Worked partially in graphic designing as well (both web and print).
- Examples of work: BumperGames, Zubni-Literak, Polnonakup Liptov, Opravna SOS, and others...
MacPodporaOct 2012 - Dec 2013 • 1 yr 2 mos Prague, CZ
Company with a first class support for users and companies that are using Apple products and need a help.User Support SpecialistOct 2012 - Dec 2013 • 1 yr 2 mos Prague, CZ
- Worked with clients, helping them fix problems that they had with their Apple devices.
- Worked on setting up Mac OS, iOS and other Apple products for customers.
- Helped setting up home connected systems, provided advice on buying, setting up, or configuring devices.
Czech Technical University in PragueWeb Page, Digital/Multimedia and Information Resources Design2011 - 2017 Bachelor's degree
Attended following courses: Automata and Grammars, Computer Networks, Computer Security, Computer Structure and Architecture, Database Systems, Electronic Documentation Design, Introduction to Operating System UNIX, Introduction to Software Engineering, Multimedia and Graphics Applications, Operating Systems, Programming and Algorithmics 1 & 2, Programming in Java, Project management, Searching the Web and Multimedia Databases, User Interface Design, Web Technologies 1 & 2, and others
Kaplan Aspect Bournemouth, UKEnglish Language2008 - 2009 Certificate of Advanced English
One-year english language-focused course in England, finished the school with a certificate of Advanced english, FCE certificate
1st International School of OstravaGeneral Education2006 - 2011 Final State and School Exams
Graduated with honors from Mathematics(A), Physics(A), Czech language(A), and English Language(A). Attended the Copernicus Exchange Project in Ireland (presenting the Czech Republic)